To enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver Course, you must:
- Be 10 years or older. (PADI eLearning requires parental consent for children under 13 years old due to international internet laws).
- Read and sign the Assumption of Risk and Liability Release form.
- Fill out the Medical Declaration form.
- Be able to swim and tread water comfortably.
- 2-night stay in dormitory accommodation.
- PADI Open Water Dive Manual.
- Divers’ log book and a recreational dive planner.
- Wall certificate and certification card.
- Use of full-set diving equipment (except for prescription masks and dive computer).
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Scheduled return land transfer from hotel to Star Marina (within Kota Kinabalu city area).
- Scheduled return boat transfer from STAR Marina to Mamutik Island.
- STAR Marina jetty fee.
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (Sabah Park) entrance and diving fee.
A minimum pre-flight surface interval of 18 hours after diving is recommended.