PADI Divemaster Course
If diving is a career that you wish to pursue, the PADI Divemaster Course is an intensive, detailed and rigorous programme that will eventually give you the skills and confidence to lead and mentor new divers. PADI divemasters are respected dive professionals the world over, from the largest and most respected dive organisation in the world – PADI. You will work closely with a PADI instructor to sharpen your diving skills, polish your rescue techniques, develop an in-depth understanding on dive management and supervision, and much more.
Course topics and practical workshops
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster.
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers.
- Diver safety and risk management.
- Divemaster conducted programmes and specialised skills.
- Business of diving and your career.
- Awareness of the dive environment.
- Dive setup and management.
- Mapping an open water site.
- Conducting dive briefings.
- Organising a search and recovery project and a deep dive.
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course.
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programmes.
- Your instructor may also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search & Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training to help you meet all requirements and to broaden your abilities.
You will need to have:
- An Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Certifications from other diver training organisations may apply, ask your PADI instructor.
- PADI Rescue Divers, who are at least 18 years old, may enroll in the PADI Divemaster Course.
- Divemaster crew pack with Instructor Manual.
- Use of full-set diving equipment (except for prescription masks and dive computer).
- Scheduled return boat transfer from STAR Marina to Mamutik Island.
- STAR Marina jetty fee.
- Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park (Sabah Park) entrance and diving fee.
(Rates valid till 31 December 2022)
A minimum pre-flight surface interval of 18 hours after diving is recommended.